Our vision is that every Philadelphia family has the opportunity to send their children to a great school of their choice.
Our mission is to improve outcomes for low-income students and respond to the demand of families by expanding access to great schools.
These principles guide our work:
- Student Focus: A relentless commitment to success for all students – regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status or zip code – drives our work.
- School Leaders and Teachers: Great educators, empowered to make key decisions in their classrooms and schools, are critical to student success.
- Collaboration: Strategic collaboration among educators and other stakeholders from all sectors (district, charter and private) is in the best interest of the city’s children.
- Parent and Community Voice: Families and communities have a voice and must help lead educational change.
- Urgency: Dramatic educational improvement is difficult but essential work that requires catalytic change and persistence.
- Accountability: In an environment of finite resources, it is critical to grow great schools and intervene in struggling schools—regardless of type.