The Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) works to give every child in America’s fifth largest city the opportunity to attend a great school. We invest philanthropic funds in high-impact schools so they can serve more low-income students—whether they be in the traditional public, public charter or private sectors. Since 2011 PSP has invested in more than 50 schools, creating new educational opportunity for 20,000 students. PSP also works to create the conditions that enable great schools to grow and thrive, including a strong pipeline of qualified teachers and principals, resources and initiatives to empower parents and families, and policies that enable entrepreneurial school leadership. Additionally, PSP invests to catalyze collaboration, facilitating the sharing of best practices among schools and support organizations. Nonpartisan and data-driven, we work with government officials, business leaders, education leaders and practitioners, and community groups to pursue the promise of a great school for every child.
GreatPhillySchools is PSP’s publishing and outreach platform created to help parents, families and community organizations in ensuring every child in Philadelphia has access to a high-quality campaign. Launched in 2012, GPS consists of a website, school-directory publications and a variety of outreach initiatives providing information on more than 800 schools and early-childhood learning centers located in the city. The Coordinator supports the GreatPhillySchools team in efforts to ensure the quality of GPS data and resources and to build awareness in communities across the city. The Coordinator will lead outreach efforts to – and build relationships – with schools and early childcare providers, including conducting regular workshops and trainings. S/he will also attend and manage community and public events on behalf of GreatPhillySchools, including playing an integral role in planning and executing the annual High School Fair. S/he will report to the GreatPhillySchools Project Manager. S/he will also support the work of the Outreach Manager, as well as work closely with the entire team. PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with good benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serving as point of contact for schools and early childhood providers for data collection, workshops, guide distributions, and GPS events
- Ensuring timely data collection from schools and early childhood providers
- Developing partnerships with school based staff and early childhood providers
- Creating and updating website content articles related to school search and enrollment
- Executing social media campaigns related to the promotion of GPS
- Collecting and reporting data on website traffic and user engagement (using Google Analytics and other tools)
- Ensuring timely distribution of guidebooks to schools, early childhood providers, and community based organizations
- Assisting in grassroots efforts to promote GPS, including outreach and events throughout the city in an effort to reach parents and caregivers
- Supporting execution of major event planning, including the annual High School Fair
- Supporting execution of workshops and trainings for school staff and families, as needed
- Data entry and other administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned by project manager
- Commitment to the mission of GreatPhillySchools and the Philadelphia School Partnership
- Experience and/or knowledge of Philadelphia education landscape (strongly preferred)
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity with social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; experience with data entry, compilation, and cleaning a plus
- Strong writing and research skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, solve for challenges and be flexible
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Fluency in Spanish (written and verbal), strongly preferred
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to schools – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours on occasion, as needed
Email resume and cover letter to Molly Farley, Human Resources Consultant, at MFConsultantsLLC@gmail.com.
Salary commensurate with experience, along with excellent benefits.
A modest relocation package may also be available for out-of-state candidates.