Growing Great Schools and Creating More
We have raised more than $75 million in our Great Schools Fund to invest in talented leaders who will create 50,000 new seats for students in high-quality schools by:
- Expanding existing high-performing schools
- Transforming schools that aren’t working
- Opening new schools
- Incubating new school ideas
Adding these “seats” means that, ultimately, each year 50,000 more students will be able to attend high-quality schools.
Creating the Conditions for Schools to Thrive
We are also addressing some of the most pressing needs shared by school operators in all sectors so that great schools are able to thrive. These include:
- Investing in programs and partners that recruit, training and retain great teachers and school leaders
- Empowering families with information and access
- Removing policy barriers that block innovation and excellence
In sum, we are aiming for a 50% increase in the number of students attending high-quality schools citywide, and to triple the number of students on the path to college from roughly 20 percent to 60 percent.