Some of these conditions are:
- Strong, empowered school leaders who have a track record of success, hold high expectations for all students and invest others in their vision.
- Effective teachers with strong systems and resources to recruit, train and support them
- A financially sustainable, strategic plan that has measurable goals and prioritizes the needs of low-income students.
- A dedication to serving all students—including economically disadvantaged, special education, and English Language Learners—while closing internal achievement gaps.
- A commitment to engaging parents and the community in the school’s success.